Known as the ‘Olympics of beer’ the World Beer Cup showcases the top three entered beers in the world across more than 100 style categories. The Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals are awarded every two years and the competition is held in conjunction with the Brewers Association’s Craft Brewers Conference which just wrapped up this week in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
AMBA is proud of our member breweries that took home hardware from this year’s event:
- Allagash Brewing Co.; Tripel (gold, ‘Belgian-Style Tripel’) and White (bronze, ‘Belgian-Style Witbier’)
- Ballast Point Brewing Co.; Schlenkerlish (gold, ‘Smoke Beer’)
- Deschutes Brewery; Dee Wright (gold, ‘Other Strong Beer’) and NA Black Butte (silver, ‘Non-Alcoholic beer’)
- Georgetown Brewing Co.; Gusto Crema Coffee Ale (gold, ‘Coffee Beer’)
- Lakefront Brewery; La Gosa Rita (gold, ‘Gluten-Free Beer’)
- MadTree Brewing Co.; Ziegler (gold, ‘American-Style Amber Lager’) and Legendary Lager (silver, ‘Contemporary American-Style Lager’)
- Russian River Brewing Co.; Jannemi (silver, ‘Classic Saison’)
- Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.; Sunny Little Thing (bronze, ‘Fruit Wheat Beer’)
- Sun King Brewery; Barrel Aged Churrolicious (gold, ‘Wood- and Barrel-Aged Beer’), Soul Shakedown Party (silver, ‘Experimental Wood-Aged Beer’), and Sunlight Cream Ale (silver, ‘Golden or Blonde Ale’)
- Widmer Brothers Brewing; Hefe (silver, ‘American Wheat Beer’)
You can find the full list of winners at the World Beer Cup website.